Are you getting Error Code 264 in Roblox? If yes, then you can check what is Roblox Error Code 264? And also how to fix Roblox error code 264 from here on mygamingalley. This step by step Roblox guide helps you understand the cause behind Error Code 264. In addition you can easily overcome the error by following steps here.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 264
Error Code 264 Message – The error says “Same account launched experience from different device. Reconnect if you prefer to use this device.“
What is Roblox Error Code 264?
- Error Code 264 Explanation: Error Code 264 on Roblox arises when there’s a conflict in account usage across devices or due to various related issues.
- Account Usage on Different Devices: The primary cause stems from using the same Roblox account on multiple devices. Launching Roblox from different devices with the same account triggers this error.
- Corrupted Game Data Cache: Occasionally, even using an account solely on one device can lead to Error Code 264 due to a corrupted game data cache. Deleting the cache is a solution to rectify this.
- Account Simultaneously in Use: If someone else is accessing your account, attempting to play Roblox will trigger this error. Resolving this requires logging out of all devices and updating the account password.
- Multiple Accounts on One Device: Signing into various Roblox accounts on a single device might prompt Error Code 264. Logging out of all accounts and logging in with the preferred one will address this.
- Unstable Network Connection: An unreliable or weak network connection contributes to Error 264. If the connection becomes unstable, Roblox might disconnect from the server, leading to this error.
- Outdated Roblox Version: Using an outdated version of Roblox can also lead to Error 264. Keeping Roblox updated with the latest version can often resolve this issue.
What To Do If You Get The Roblox Error Code 264?
- Reboot Your Computer: The simplest method is to restart your computer. This ensures that any instances of Roblox running are closed. Access the Windows start button, click on the power button, and choose “Restart.” Upon rebooting, attempt to play Roblox again.
- Check Other Devices: Verify if Roblox is open on other devices where you might be signed in, such as a different computer, Chromebook, or phone. If it’s active on those devices, close it.
- Account Security Check: If Roblox isn’t working despite the reboot and no other devices having it open, there’s a possibility your account has been compromised. Go to roblox.com and log in. Click the gear icon in the top right, then navigate to “Settings.”
- Security Settings: In the left menu, select “Security.” Scroll down to view the locations where your account is logged in. If you notice any unfamiliar locations or devices, click the arrow next to that login and choose “Log Out of Session.” This removes unauthorized access.
- Log Out from All Sessions: Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Log Out of All Other Sessions.” This action ensures your account is logged out from every device.
- Account Recovery: After performing these steps, you should be able to log back into Roblox, which should resolve Error Code 264.
More Roblox Error Codes
Most common error codes are listed below.