Are you getting Error Code 279 in Roblox? If yes, then you can check what is Roblox Error Code 279? And also how to fix Roblox error code 279 from here on mygamingalley. This step by step Roblox guide helps you understand the cause behind Error Code 279. In addition you can easily overcome the error by following steps here.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279
Error Code 279 Message – The error says “Disconnected. Failed to connect the Game. ID = , Connection attempt failed..“
What is Roblox Error Code 279?
- Error Code 279 Explanation: Error Code 279 is a frequently encountered issue among Roblox players. It denotes disconnection due to a failed attempt to connect to the game, often accompanied by an ID error.
- Internet Connectivity Impact: Primarily, this error stems from problems with your internet connection. Whether due to imposed restrictions by your system or service provider, this can hinder the connection to Roblox servers.
- Developer-Related Concerns: The error might also result from ongoing maintenance or issues concerning Roblox’s official servers. Developer-side challenges can lead to players encountering Error Code 279.
- Firewall Restrictions: Your system’s firewall settings can occasionally prevent Roblox from establishing a connection with its servers. Firewall configurations might restrict the required communication.
- Corrupted Cached Data: Cached data, intended to enhance Roblox’s performance, could become corrupted. This corruption can disrupt the game’s launch and connection, triggering Error Code 279.
What To Do If You Get The Roblox Error Code 279?
Fixing Roblox Error Code 279 on Windows:
- Ensure ISP Reliability:
- Confirm your internet isn’t causing the issue, particularly if your NAT type hampers online connections.
- If restricted, contact your ISP to open ports for Roblox servers or perform necessary configurations.
- Check Roblox Server Status:
- Before proceeding, verify the status of Roblox servers through the official status tracker.
- Firewall Exception:
- Open Windows Firewall settings by searching “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” in the Start menu.
- Add Roblox Player to the app list under “Allow another app.”
- Locate Roblox’s executable file (“.exe”) and add it.
- Ensure both versions of Roblox are checked and save the changes.
- Reset Internet Settings:
- Access “Network and Internet” in the Control Panel.
- Navigate to “Internet Options,” click the “Advanced” tab, and restore advanced settings.
- Restart your system.
Fixing Roblox Error Code 279 on Mac:
- DNS Cache Reset:
- Open Terminal using Spotlight search (Command + Space bar).
- Use the relevant command based on your macOS version to flush the DNS cache.
Fixing Roblox Error Code 279 on Android/iOS:
- Use VPN: Utilize a VPN to bypass potential internet restrictions, ensuring smooth communication with Roblox servers.
- Clear Cache:
- On Android, open settings, find “Roblox” in the app list, tap “Storage & Cache,” and clear cache.
- On iOS, uninstall and reinstall the app to achieve a similar result.
- Reset APN Settings:
- On Android:
- Access “Network & Internet” in Settings, move to “Sim card & mobile network,” tap the active SIM card, select “Access Point Names,” and reset to default.
- On iOS:
- Navigate to “Cellular” in Settings, tap “Cellular Data Network,” and choose “Reset settings.”
- On Android:
More Roblox Error Codes
Most common error codes are listed below.